For the 2023/2024 period the Swiss MS Society supports research projects with 1.5 Mio CHF. Additionally, the support of the Swiss MS Registry and the Swiss Cohort Study is being continued. We support research to end MS and to improve the quality of life of those living with MS.
Research grant applications are accepted on the following topics:
- Understanding MS Pathogenesis
- Promoting Quality of Life in Persons with MS
The essential purpose of a research grant is to provide support for a time-limited research project designed to answer genuinely novel research question. Above all, research proposals need to demonstrate tangible potential benefits for those living with MS.
Supported researchers are expected to interact with people with MS and the MS Society on a regular basis and actively support communications and fundraising efforts. In turn, researcher will not only receive generous financial support but also access to the MS Society’s extensive networking and communication channels.
The deadline for the Research Grant Application is February 28, 2023.
Applications must be submitted by completing the online application form and uploading the requested documents (below).
- Estimated beginning of funding: September 1, 2023
- Timeframe of funding: 2 years
- Maximum amount to be requested: CHF 200’000.00
- One application per principal investigator (PI)
- Applications of previously funded researchers will only be considered if the reporting for their projects has been completed (interim or final report) and acknowledged by the Scientific Grant Committee
- Applications with incomplete content and/or incorrect format will not be considered
The evaluation and funding procedures are led by the Scientific Grant Committee, an independent and neutral committee presided by Prof. Dr. Pasquale Calabrese, Basel. Members of the committee are national and international experts, and persons with MS who are experts of living with their disease.
Each application is evaluated by two external experts and given a score from 3-6. In addition, the applications are evaluated by the Scientific Grant Committee. Based on these evaluations, the Scientific Grant Committee submits their proposal to the Board of the MS Society which makes the final decision. By August 2023 we will let applicants know whether their application has been approved.